Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It will be a new world

Looking back to my econometric life for the past 5 years, many important persons have come to my life to help me make a difference. And my world has been changing all the time, indeed. There have been lights, heros, mentors, partners, as well as friends. And each experience is so precious and exciting. I feel deeply thankful for all those people there, adding new elements into my life and guiding me to move forward.

It is indeed not easy to stay in academia since there are way many things to learn, Econometric theory, computing techniques, economic applications and new stats elements as well. Deep love of all these rock and sand is sure the way to success in research life and the road to the happiness I have imagined years ago. It would be impossible to know everything, but good to know that there are things that need to learn in each stage as time goes by. To think deeper the questions at hand and the papers in progress, to learn the social skills to get to know the life of other professionals, to get things done more carefully, more precisely, more concisely, more intuitively and more regorously etc, are key steps to achieve academic accomplishment and recognizations. It will be a new world for sure and keep on marching forward.

Just look at an earlier blog about things econometricians do at
http://toyond.blogspot.com/2009/05/behave-as-econometrician.html

No comments:

Post a Comment