Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A letter to mum

A friend's birthday today reminds me to say something about the love of mum. I find the following article that is more than appropriate to cite.

A letter to mum
孟晴润 发表于 2006-5-16 11:58:31

Mum:
I write this letter to tell you how much I love you. This writing to you is very nostalgic. This morning sun shown brightly, I woke up, and my first thought was you. Sometimes at night I dream of you and I can almost feel the warmth of your hug.
Today it is 4 years since I have been abroad. I have tried my best to live my life the way you wanted me to. I just hope I have made all the right decisions and you would have been proud of me.
I cherish each moment we have, although sometimes I don't seem to. I wish I could go and see you everyday, and attend to your needs. But life is such that we don't always get to do the things that we want
Mum, you've taught me many things. You may not have a good family background, but you're the one who is successful in your own career. Some of my principles in life are yours; I like to quote you to my friends. And because of your attitude and outlook, I am what I am today. Thank you Mum, for all the sacrifices you made in nurturing me into what I am today. I can never repay you enough.
Mum, I miss you so much. I love you more than anything. My memories of you, and the feel of you deep within my soul that is ever constant. And, no one will be able to take you or me away from each other ‘s heart.
I pray for your good health everyday and sleep peacefully
Your son. MQR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive